Monday 19 December 2011

I Want To Die With My Make-Up On ...


Hello everyone. First things first. I am a very punctual guy and I know how important deadlines are. I always write My Blogs on a Sunday but I couldn't last night as I was coming back Home from Hyderabad. Yes, I have wrapped up the Shooting of ENEMMY. We only have a few days left here in Mumbai. TUKKAA FITT and ENEMMY both have been amazing experiences for Me and I hope you all feel the same way too. The weekly round-up would be that the Action Scenes in ENEMMY took a serious tool on Me as we were Shooting for more than 16 hours a day. But thanks to everyone's dedication, we pulled it off. And the "Mahaakshay's Eye Catch News" is that North Korea's KCNA refers to Kim Jong Un the son of Kim Jong II as the Great Successor to the Revolutionary Cause. Hmm, wonder what I would had done with power like that! And My "Shout-Out" this week goes to My TUKKAA FITT Co-Stars, Vaishali Desai and Hitan Paintal as they both celebrated their Birthdays this week. My Love and respect to both you. You guys are gems and you deserve all the happiness in the world! :-) And now, Blog Time! :-)

Life. It is beautiful, isn't it? It is also weird and strange. But it is truly amazing! Can you believe a fat kid with huge glasses on would one day be an Actor in the Indian Film Industry? I was suppose to go to NASA. I wanted to be an Astronomer and I was getting ready for My Exams for the Internship in NASA. But life had other plans for Me. I remember I was doing My course at the New York Film Academy and we were shooting in an abandoned prison. One of the directors used Me as an extra. I was one of the crazy inmates and the camera just passes through Me. It was a One Take OK Shot. But what happened to Me after that was the Bliss I felt. After that moment I just knew, I knew from the bottom of my heart that this is where I belong! That day was in July in the year 2003 and nothing has changed ever since. I still feel that bliss whenever I put My Make-up On. Whenever I hear Action and Cut. This Place. This Industry. This is Heaven for Me. This is where I belong. This is where I wanna die. Take my last breath with My Make-up on. I know when that happens, I will surely die with a Smile. I will die in peace. There are many few who are blessed to do what they Love, every single day. And I know I am one of them. :-)

I remember it was 2006. Amitabh Uncle wasn't well. So, Me and Dad had gone to see him. And that same point My Film's Launch was happening. I met Uncle and He blessed Me and it was truly an Honor to be in his presence. The moment we where about to leave, Abhishek Bhai met us and greeted us with love. After a while he took Me aside and told Me something I will never forget. He said, "Mahaakshay, welcome to the Industry. I am glad you are a part of it. And take it from Me, there will be many people who will try to break you down. You don't let them. You Fight back and never stop Fighting! Give this Industry all that you have and take whatever it gives you. The good and the bad because only then will you become the man that you want to be!" He was so true and today, whenever I am low, I remember his words and they charge Me up because those words remind Me who I am and what I am fighting for! I know that in My last blog I was pissed and angry and hurt. Well, what can I say, I'm only Human. But you see, that is what makes Life so interesting. One day, I am angry and the next day I am dancing like crazy! I guess this is all a plan of Fate showing us the way. Making us realize what is truly worth fighting for. Take it from Me, it is not easy being Me for this Industry is a place where everyone is out to eat each other and take the other person's spotlight. My Brother, Rimoh told Me a very beautiful thing recently. He said, "Bhai, In Our Industry, even on the Sets of a Movie, everyone hates each other or dislike each other. But no matter how much they hate or despise each other, they come together because of their love for the Movies!". And yes, He is so true! I have seen everything and even till today I see all that. I see how 'Stars' or 'Seniors' get more attention. I have been treated like a nobody even when I was worth of a Somebody. I have seen how the press gives the other guy more attention than I am getting. I see people taking autographs and photographs of others when I am standing with them. And trust Me, it does hurt. It hurts like hell! But in the end, after all those tears dry up, I am still fighting. I am still smiling.Do you know why? It's because in the end, all I have is Love for My Work for this is the only place I know, where all My dreams will come true!

As Tom Hanks said in the Movie Forrest Gump. "Life is like a box of chocolates. You don't know which you will get when." That is how I see My Life. That is how I see My Work Place. It is filled with everything. The Pros and the cons. But when you know, without a shadow of a doubt that this is what you want, you take all the hits. You just suck it up, accept the pain, become stronger and stand up for round:2! As a human being. As a boy who is becoming a man. As the guy who has to carry on the Chakraborty legacy, I have many responsibilities, expectations and pressures. Sometimes, it is people talking behind My back or people making fun of Me or some washed up critic writing shit about Me or even maybe some girl who rejected My offer to take her out on a date! I go through various emotions everyday but trust Me, the moment I am called for My Shot. When I am in front of the camera. When the lights are on Me, I forget the outside world and something in Me switches ON! I feel alive and then suddenly, everything in the world makes sense. I start smiling and blushing and I only feel happiness! 

So right now, as I am writing this Blog, I know that all My battles and hardships are worth it because in the end this is where I want to be! In the end, I want to die with My Make-Up On. There is no other place I wanna be. As My readers, I really wish and pray that you find what you are looking for. That you also find your bliss like I have found Mine. Some dreams are worth Fighting for and remember, Dreams are only beautiful when you wake up and make them come true. I am doing that as we speak. I hope you do too. 

This is Me, Mahaakshay Chakraborty and this is My Story.

3 comments:

  1. This blog of yours is quite nice...last one was very disturbing. Good luck for your upcoming movies. People will love u, hate u, put you down but on any given time you should not give up. Your fans love you and will always want you to rise and shine. Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always ur blog is awesome::.....may god gives u al his blessings...... Nd I pray after 100 years when u ll die people ll remember u the way people r doing with Mr devanand:....... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always your blog is very appreciating hope that you will become very good actor in the Industry & do good deeds :D

    ReplyDelete