Saturday 21 July 2012

Game On!

"My mom didn't let me play video games growing up, so now I do. Gaming gives me a chance to just let go, blow somebody up and fight somebody from another dimension. It's all escapism." - Wayne Brady


I knew, that the moment I will dedicate a Blog to video games, IGN will love it! I hope they do because I will surely send them the link to it! And Before I go even a word further, I wanna send My deepest condolences to all the families who lost their loved ones at the recent shooting which happened during the midnight screening of The Dark Knight Rises. I know whatever I say won't change the way they feel but I something is better than nothing, right? May all their souls, rest in peace. And Bollywood lost it's 1st Original Superstar, Mr.Rajesh Khanna. Sir, you will be deeply missed and thank you for all the amazing films you have given to us over the years! May you glitter the heavens with your charm and charisma as well.

And now, We begin ...

To tell every story, we must always go back to the beginning, as to how it all began. This story is no different. Video games have always been a part of My life. Since the time I knew what 2+2 was, I was fascinated by video games. Whether it was Atari or Media Mega Drive. Or if it was Sega or Nintendo during My teen years, I always loved Video Games. I remember My cousins and friends coming over to My place to play Super Mario Bros and Contra. I remember playing Tetris on My 1st Game Boy. Even Tom Cat Alley on My Sega Cd. Beautiful memories that still linger somewhere between My Responsibilities and the Acts of Fate that I face everyday. Memories that remind Me who I truly am and where I am coming from and where I am heading. One of My favorite Actresses of all time, Eva Longoria once said that she could never date a guy who only plays video games. I respect her decision. And maybe the vast majority of women out there agree with her notions. Most women think that a guy who plays Video Games is not a Man but still very much a kid. Well ladies, just like Diamonds are your best friends, Video Games are ours. Trust Me, I know ...

It is actually very hard to explain and put into words as to how important video games and gaming is to Me. They are not something to pass my time with. They are an essence. The common thread that holds everything together. For you, that PS3 may just be scrap metal with some wires attached to it but for Me, it is My friend and this friend of Mine offers Me something far beyond My imagination! It offers Me worlds to explore, places to visit, people to interact with. To be a superhero and save the world in various ways. It gives Me characters to play, houses to build and wars to fight! It's takes Me to places where I can forget who I am and become a different person entirely! For those 60 mins or so, it let's Me escape and make Me forget all the stresses of life! It gives Me a different kind of freedom only a game controller can give. Many of you may not relate to My emotions but some of you may. That video game controller doesn't only let Me escape. It also gives Me a Power. A Power only the deserving few understand ...

I am an Actor and when I am Shooting, I shoot for 12 hours to 16 hours in a day. I work under various weather conditions. Sometimes, it is either too hot or extremely cold and sometimes I have to deal with annoying people on the sets too. People whom you have to work with and who only give you stress. So I make it a point that whenever I come home, I put on My PS3 or XBOX360 and play at least for 60 mins and whenever I do I de-stress completely! It's like I am a new man! My mind is clearer, I am much more relaxed and more focused to take the tasks ahead! Today, technology gives us gaming at our finger tips. Whether it is the PS Vita or the Nintendo 3DS, we can even carry our games wherever we go and we can also get connected via multiplayer with the world! Today, the possibilities are endless! And because of the Multiplayer option I have made so many Friends from all around the world to share My Gaming experiences with! In fact, for Resident Evil:6 I am planning to play it with My online friends so that the experience would be less scarier and more fun! So you see Gaming isn't bad. You just have to see it or rather I should say, play it from a different point of view ...

I can go and on and on as to how amazing the feeling is to play Call of Duty or Medal Of Honor in My hall with Dolby Surround and how 3D Games and the Kinnect make you feel you are more closer to the experience but the bottom line is that I love Video Games! Not only because they are stress busters but also because they are great motivators for Me! Whenever I earn Trophies during in-game modes or when I say Prophet from Crysis:2 kick bad guys asses I get motivated to hit the Gym or go for My Mma Classes and punch a little harder because these Games make Me believe that if they can achieve the impossible, so can I. If nothing is impossible in there, then noting is impossible in Me too! All I have to do is tap those regions in My head which have never been tapped before. And every game I have played has brought Me closer to My Truth. The truth that yes, I can kick ass too. All I have to go is Never Give Up ...

So before I go I just wanna say is that we all have our own escapism. Some do it by drinking. Some do it with Drugs. I urge you to do it through Video Games. Not only are they fun but they are also safe. So this is Me declaring to the world that yes, I am a Gamer and a proud one. And I know that I will be playing Video Games for a very long time to come. The question is, what will you do?

This is Me, Mahaakshay Chakraborty and i declare to all of you ... GAME ON!

With All My Might,
Your No.1 Fan,
Mahaakshay Chakraborty.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with that part that video games are important for men to destress. I am married to a doctor who is neck deep in work and studies 7 days a week and whenever he wants to take a time out, it's counter strike that works for him.

    Sadly I don't have a mind for that. He tried to teach me but I was a very poor learner so quit. I am happy playing Angry Birds on my Android :)

    ReplyDelete