Sunday 25 November 2012

Welcome To My Brotherhood ...

We Don't Need Holy Wars. What We Need Is Tolerance And Brotherhood And Simple Humanity. - Arlen Specter 


Friends, Team, Crew, Unit, Staff, Entourage. They have many names. I simply call them the Brotherhood. And what better way to show them My Love and Respect than to dedicate an entire blog to them. They say blessings come in all shapes and sizes. Besides My Family and the Life given to Me, I am blessed with 4 more individuals whom today, I proudly call Family. Without whom I may have not been where I am today. Without whom, I may have not come this far. Without whom I may have been just another brown star who would burn without any light. Without whom I may have not been Mahaakshay Chakraborty. Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome To My Brotherhood …


So where do I begin? Where do I actually start? How do I give these amazing men their introductions? I guess all of them deserve their own share of credit.  Whether it is Khatri Irfan, My Dress Designer, Mohammad Altaf, My Make-Up Artist, Mitesh Shah, My Hair Stylist and Prabhu Ganesh, My Assistant, they all deserve their due because I have seen where they were and where they are now. We all are very similar to each other because we all started from nowhere. And now, as Fate wanted it, we have found each other and made this indestructible Unit which stays together, no matter what. We know when to work and when to have fun. And not even once have I seen them as inferiors. No. Never. They are My equals because without them, I am just a guy. With Them, I am Extra-Ordinary! And all of them are married and are My Elders! So you see, I owe them more than they owe Me. You may think why I am praising them so much. Well because they have earned it! I know these guys even before I was Mahaakshay Chakraborty. They have seen My struggles. They have seen My Tears and they have shared My dreams, joys and triumphs. They are My Brotherhood …


Here, in this brotherhood, there are no religions. There are no castes and no differentiations. Here, we are One. We work as One Solid Unit. My boys are very professional when it comes to My Work because they know how important it is for Me to look good. Whether it is Altaf who does My Touch-Up before every shot or Mitesh setting My hair with the right amount of Hair Gel or Irfan giving Me that perfect jeans or even Ganesh giving Me My 5pm coffee just the way I like it, we all are very professional from the time we enter the sets till the time we hear 'pack-up'. Ask everywhere where I have worked, everyone, from all of those Movie Sets had only praises for My Team because of their Nature and Respect for others. We all know the value of Respect, especially in our Industry, where we hate more than we love. We know whom to talk to and with whom to be friends with. We know where to draw the line and where to let go. These boys have sacrificed so much for Me. Accepted Me as I am and have only supported Me. There were many others who came and left. But these four stayed because they believed in Me, just like the way I believe in them …


I am not saying we don't have problems. We all come with our share. We all do. But even in the midst of all those thoughts, we find reasons to smile because we don't let each other down. There are times when I am zoned off and because we have spent so much of time together, My unit sees My body language change and make an effort to cheer Me up and guess what? It actually works! We eat together and we stay together. We understand each other and we also respect each others space. Whether it is Altaf and Irfan being Muslims and Mitesh being a Hardcore Jain or Ganesh being from the South, we know that we have to respect each others space and never step on each others toes. I think that is one of the reasons we have survived through thick and thin together. Back in the day, in the beginning, we met as strangers. People who didn't knew each other. Today, we are Brothers. Brothers who share the same plate of food. Who share the laughter from the same joke and even share that joyful tear when we talk about our dreams. We are a Brotherhood and proud to be one … 


My works takes Me to far of places. Away from home. Away from My Friends and Family. But since I am blessed to have these great individuals by My side, I never feel alone or lonely. They have always been there for Me. And I know that they will always be with Me. Insha-Allah! These guys know that for Me, Loyalty means everything and due to god's blessings these chaps have never given Me a reason to complain. As I said, they know from where they have come and where they are today and where they will be going. I am responsible for these individuals. Their dreams are attached with Mine. It is My sole responsibility to provide for them. I am not just fighting for Myself or My Family, I am also fighting for these boys and their families as well. I have eaten their Dhoklas and Biryanis and Idlis. I know what that feels like. To see them smile when I succeed. To see them laugh when I do something funny or to even hear them snore when I wake 5mins earlier than them to get ready. These boys have become a part of My life and I, on the record am saying this that I am nothing without My Crew and tomorrow when I do succeed, along with My family, My Brotherhood will be responsible for it …


So before I go all I wanna say is that I am truly blessed. Yes I am. I know My life is moving in the right direction with the right people in it. I am a part of my Brotherhood where we are not discriminated or categorised. Here, we are equals. Equals who will fight for each other and stay together till the end of time. My brotherhood will always be a part of My legacy. And I wish that one day we become an example for the world that where love exists, nothing else matters. No Creed, Caste or Religion matters. All that matters is the bond we share, not as an Actor, Make-Up Artist, Assistant, Hair Stylist or Dress Designer but as Brothers. Brothers who will ride together, who will die together. Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to My Brotherhood …

This is Me, Mahaakshay Chakraborty and this is My Brotherhood.

With All My Might,
Your No.1 Fan,
Mahaakshay Chakraborty.

No comments:

Post a Comment