Wednesday 16 July 2014

The Road Called Freedom ...

“We Often Meet Our Destiny On The Road We Choose To Avoid It.”

-Mahaakshay Chakraborty



Freedom. What a powerful word it is. Isn’t it? For freedom we have fought over countless of centuries and have killed our brothers. Yet, even today, freedom is the greatest price and reward for the human soul. But why do we pursue this thing? This freedom? To be honest, I don’t know. But since I was a teenager, I have longed for Freedom. Of course, I never had to fight like William Wallace for Scotland and make the Britishers flee India. But I have waited for Freedom like no other. And even though I am 30 in a few days and I have had my taste of a little freedom I quest for far more. And sometimes freedom doesn’t mean living a life without tyranny. It means living the life your soul always wanted too. So my dear readers, let me take you on a ride. On The Road Called Freedom …

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move."

Whoever I have met, I have told them this … “One day I am going to travel the world. I am going to take my back pack, credit card, passport and nokia 1100 mobile phone and just head out to wherever life takes me. I would be gone for over a year and I will make sure that I visit every country in the world if I can and experience that bliss all by myself.” People look at me with amazement and wonder when I say these lines. They think I am a little crazy also. Well, I don’t blame them. This ‘Freedom’ wish of mine does feel a little far stretched. But that is the point, isn’t it? We should dream so big that our dreams should scare us. And that is why for more than 4 years, this one grand wish of mine is still a strong constant in my life. And I know that one day it will come true. Do you wanna know a little secret? Every day I plan a little more of this grand day to come nearer to me. When I embark on this grand journey of mine. Where my shadow will tag along for the ride. And even though this dream will consist of me going from one country to another, this journey will be more of my spirit than of my mind. 

"We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls."

Of course this trip will require a lot of money so if destiny favours me well I would be going for this journey sooner than I have thought. I would plan the east to west trip, starting from japan and going all the way to america. I can’t give you the exact date and time and location of my visits right now but I can tell you for sure that I would visit all the ancient and important tourist sites in the world. As I am a big fan of history, visiting all those great places which our forefathers built for us would surely be a delight. I would love to take selfies and post my pics on instagram to show the world what I am doing but as I mentioned before I would only be carrying an old nokia 1100 phone with me and that also only because I would call my mom once a day and tell her that I am ok and well. This journey would be of mine and mine alone and I will surely embrace the pros and the cons that come with it. People have given me their share of advice as to with whom I should travel and when I should and where I should go. But what they don’t understand is that this Road Of Freedom doesn’t just mean freedom from selfies or instagram posts but also from the world and the people in it.

"One travels more usefully when alone, because he reflects more."

You know I love music. In fact, I have also written a blog on it. So the songs on my playlist always remind me that this journey is still a very major part of my life and will be until I do it. And now, thanks to Mohit Dutta, my co-star here in Tbilisi, I got to hear a few more songs. Songs which have elevated my spirit. Which have reminded me of my freedom and how much it is important for my soul to go on this journey. Many go back-packing throughout the world, so in the end, I won’t be any different from them. But for me, it will be a rush of excitement. Just imagine being on your own! Travelling to all those famous places and living in hostels and hotels and meeting strangers who may or may not become your friends. I am longing for this journey. I can tell you that. With the way I have said those lines in this blog itself show you how excited I am! Just imagine a year of ‘Me Time’! Man, that would be epic, wouldn’t it? Al though I may not be an idol worship kinda of a guy, I would love to visit the famous shrines and monasteries of the world. I would love to get in touch with myself and my soul and cleanse myself. Of course, I would get a taste of all the local cuisines, even though I would be on a diet and visit all the famous clubs and pubs in the night, even though, I don’t drink. This would be my first hand experience of doing everything on my own. From booking the ticket, to getting the visa and catching a cab from the airport. Just thinking about all of that gives me goosebumps now! I would smile tears of joy when I will eat sushi in Japan or when I will visit the amazon or learn Jui-Jitsu in Brazil or watch a live football game in Manchester. But if you ask me, which is that one place I would really love to visit the most in this journey of mine? Well, it would be surely be The United States Of America.

"We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfilment."

The United States Of America. The greatest country in the world. Not only because of it’s land and culture and roots but also because of it’s democracy and freedom. It is the land where all want to go and where all want to flourish and that is why my journey’s final pit stop will be in the USA. I think the summer time would be the perfect time to be there. I would land in New York and rent a Mustang or a Triumph {if I get either of them on rent} and travel throughout all the back roads of America. Luckily, people speak english there, so finding places even when I am lost won’t be a problem. We all have seen the grand cities of America in the movies but I would also love to visit the small towns as well. Stay in motel rooms and and see the small town festivals and dance and cheer with the local folks. Al though I don’t drink beer, I would love to have the chicken wings and hot dogs during baseball and football season. I would love to meet the beautiful women and the handsome men and even wear my own cowboy suit if given the chance. And by the time I reach Los Angeles, I may also look like a bad-ass, with my leather jacket, big boots and Punisher t-shirt. America is the land of opportunity and to end this journey I would love to be in Los Angeles aka The City Of Angels. Why L.A. you say? Well, it is the land of Women, Clubs, Night Life, Mma and of course the Movies! Staying a month over there would surely be the icing on the cake. But then the question occurs … What would I do after this journey is over? 

"You get educated by traveling."

I would surely be coming back home after this grand journey of mine which will take me all around the world. Of course, I will have many memories to cherish and many moments to rethink. But the most important thing would be the arc of the soul. You see, I love myself. In fact, if I have ever loved anyone the most that would had been me. And I know that for loving myself and attaining my own share of happiness I have sometimes deliberately caused pain to others. Actions, which still haunt me today. But nonetheless, I still love myself and I have realised that you are your best friend and your only companion and that is why I would be going alone in this journey. My soul needs to live to the fullest. The voices inside know that this is also a calling and it must be fulfilled. And yes, it sometimes does get lonely. When you realise that you are in fact alone and in the end no one will be there for you besides your own reflection. So that is why this journey and this road and this freedom are so important to me. Maybe the Supernatural fan in me wants to feel like one of the Winchester brothers or maybe wants to look like The Rock in Faster and drive towards the sunset. Or maybe the Fan of Frank Castle in me wants to feel that he is finally The Punisher. Whatever the reason maybe, I know this this journey is very important for me. Whether you agree or not and whether or not you even try to talk me out of it, that freedom road awaits for me. To live this one life I have, I have to walk this road, I have to embrace this freedom, for the mind, body and my soul.

"If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness and fears."

This is Me, Mahaakshay Chakraborty and this is My Road To Freedom.

With All My Might,

Your No.1 Fan,

Mahaakshay Chakraborty.


********************************************************************************************************

2 comments:

  1. if dis ur latest film aftr so mny flops-total pack up bro,ur luk sucks, run away 2 d world,bst choice 4u. gud luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the area where all need to go and where all need to thrive and that is the reason adventure's last pit stop will be in the USA.I think the mid year would be the ideal time to be there. Simply envision being all alone. Venturing out to each one of those popular places and living in inns and inns and meeting outsiders who could possibly turn into your companions. In case you're searching for long visits in Kerala picking kochi taxi cabs is that the best decision, similar to Cochin taxi administration. yearning for this trip. I can let you know that. With the way those lines in this online journal itself demonstrate to you how energized Simply envision a year of 'Personal Time Man, that would be epic, wouldn't it? Al however I may not be an icon adore kinda of a person, visit the acclaimed places of worship and religious communities of the world.

    ReplyDelete